Hepatitis C - Prevention
There is no cure for or vaccine to prevent Hepatitis C.
- Avoid sharing needles or "works" such as cookers, spoons, etc.
- Avoid sharing personal care items that might have blood on them (razors, toothbrushes)
- If you are a health care or public safety worker, always follow universal body fluid precautions and safely handle needles and other sharps
- If you are Hepatitis C positive, do not donate blood, organs, or tissue
- Consider the risks if you are thinking about getting a tattoo or body piercing. Be aware of the proper procedures to look for.
- Hepatitis C can be spread by sex, but only if blood is present (for example, during rough play)