Provincial HIV Services Special Assistance Program
ACNL, through Provincial HIV Services, has a special assistance program available for active HIV Services clients. In keeping with building independence and self-determination, the program provides essential assistance to address issues that affect community integration or housing and/or food security. The program is supported each year through generous community-generated contributions to the Bank of Nova Scotia Aids Walk for Life.
The decision to provide or deny assistance is based on an individual needs assessment completed with the Provincial Coordinator of HIV Services. Any requests for assistance which do not go through the Coordinator will not be eligible for the program.
A request to access assistance will be considered from anyone living with HIV/AIDS in Newfoundland and Labrador who:
- Registers as, or is an active client with HIV Services since April 1, 2013.
- Engages in case planning and services with the Provincial Coordinator of HIV Services to address community integration, and/or food and housing security.
- Demonstrates that other provincial/community assistance has been explored, and either delayed or denied.
All individuals have the right to appeal decisions regarding accessing the Special Assistance Program. If you wish to appeal a request, the process is as follows:
- Write a letter addressed to the ACNL Appeals Committee stating your request and need for assistance.
- Please include all the necessary documentation with the letter of appeal.
- The Appeals Committee will review the request and make a final decision. The Committee will follow up with a written letter to the individual addressing the decision of the appeal.
Please address letters to:
ACNL Appeals Committee
C/O ACNL Board of Directors
47 Janeway Place
St. John’s, NL
Program Revision: Board of Directors approval - July 12, 2014.